Without a doubt the most important part of a website building project is the hosting infrastructure. Why?
Hosting your project in the right place directly interferes with the development and permission needed to make the idea look great, just the way you want it.
There are several hosting services located in many different parts of the world. Each focuses on different services and sizes of companies. Small projects, different financial availabilities or complete website infrastructures can seek refuge in the right hosting.
Some companies have their own servers. This is the case, for example, of giants like Google and Facebook. But newer companies like whatsapp, airbnb or UBER use third party hosting services.
But and you? What service to hire for hosting your project?
Here are some tips for choosing the right hosting service for you:
- How is your project what it requires in terms of resources?
- How to choose the best hosting service?
- Is the safety issue of paramount importance?
First of all, ask yourself some questions, such as:
- Have greater focus for performance and speed?
- Have greater need for availability?
- What is your and your team’s knowledge?
- Do you have domain for more technical configurations or are lay people and need something more simplified and have pre-configurations ready?
- What is the target audience? What region is it in? What habits do you have?
- What is your financial availability?
- Does your project have more database query services or will it insert more data into a database?
- Will your project have constant access and growth or will it suffer from sudden spikes?
- How is your profile?
- Do you need to talk by phone, can you be answered by helpdesk tickets? Does it have to be able to go in person at the company?
Answering these questions truthfully will help you choose the best hosting service for you. Think and rethink these answers to decide which service is best for you.
There are some major hosting services:
A dedicated server is ideal for professionals who require services, configurations and custom resources of their own. The advantage of this type of hosting is that the programmer is free to set up his project on his own terms.
The disadvantage is the higher cost of the shared hosting service. Another downside is if there is a server crash, it may take a little longer to get back to normal than shared hosting.
The biggest advantage of this type of hosting service is the financial factor. Shared hosting is cheaper because the division between one or more websites, e-commerce or web project is diluted between several projects.
A disadvantage to this type of service is that if one of the projects is resource intensive, is attacked by viruses or hackers or is poorly scaled, it can stop and crash the entire server and consequently your project will crash.
In the case of cloud hosting, you hire resources as you use them. The advantage of this type of hosting service is the complete freedom to hire exactly what you want and the ability to scale, scale, transparently and quickly the settings that should be available to your project.
A disadvantage to this type of hosting is that the management of this type of service is more complex, and the user has to be aware of the data package to not extrapolate their financial resources.
Pay attention to these details and you will be able to hire good hosting according to your needs.
Look: What are Website domain, hosting and what is each one for?